The Groundhog Run, Sunday, Jan. 29th
Unfortunately, the run is soldout, due to safety reasons. Only 3,500 runners can be in the caves. Our parent company, Treat America is sponsoring two teams in the event this year.
RUN TREAT AMERICA TEAMS! RUN!
Good luck and have fun, from all of us here at Bistro kids!
- Facts about the Annual Groundhog Run:
- The Groundhog Run is one of the very few 5k/10k races to take place totally underground.
- The Hunt Midwest SubTropolis is the ideal place to run during a frosty January, with consistent temperatures in the mid-60’s throughout the entire course.
- The race continues to sell out year after year, making it the race to run in. Chip timing is used in both races to provide accurate and timely results.
- The top three male and female runners in both the 5k and 10k categories will receive medals. Runners come from 7 surrounding states to participate.
- All money raised by the Groundhog Run will support Children’s TLC programs and services, directly benefiting more than 700 young children throughout the greater Kansas City area with disabilities, learning delays, and fragile medical conditions.
For more information on the run and support information, check it out here: http://www.childrenstlc.org/Events_GroundhogRun.html