I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself and the Farm2School lunch program developed by Bistro Kids.
I come to you from the corporate headquarters of MasterCard in O’Fallon, Missouri, where for the past four years I was in corporate dining, as the Lead Cook/Sous Chef. My formal culinary training was completed at The Quartermaster School, U.S. Army at Ft. Lee, VA where I graduated class valedictorian with a diploma in food service specialties. I hold certificates in foodservice layout and design, and Serve Safe sanitation through the national restaurant association. I have also been trained in kosher dietary laws both at the St. Louis Kollel and Aish HaTorah in University City, Mo.
I am an active member of B’nai Torah in St. Peters, Mo where I am a past officer of the board and current Hebrew teacher with an emphasis in B’nai Mitzvot Prep. I am married to Robin Canis-Moll and have a 4 year old son, Noah and a one year old daughter, Michaella.
For students returning from Saul Mirowitz RJA, I regret to inform you that Chef Monica has accepted a position elsewhere. I know that I have some big shoes to fill, and I wish Chef Monica well in all her endeavors.
The Bistro Kids mission is simple, but powerful: to become an integral part of the school community by empowering, teaching, and feeding as many students as possible, kid friendly meals that are healthy, seasonal, delicious, and whenever possible, locally grown.
- We never add msg or artificial colors and flavors.
- We do not use corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup.
- We use whole grains in our breads and desserts.
- We do not fry foods, with the exception of latkes at Chanukah.
- We do not use tree nuts or peanuts, however; the kitchen at B’nai Amoona does use tree nuts and peanuts. I do my best to clean and sanitize all utensils and contact surfaces. This does not guarantee that your child will not become ill if they are highly allergic.
- All food served is under the strict kosher supervision of B’nai Amoona and their mashgicha, Betsy Enger.
- I personally pledge to you I will follow the Bistro Kids program guidelines, with one exception, if I cannot source kosher food that matches those guidelines, I will substitute a kosher product that meets those guidelines the closest. These circumstances are rare.
I will be glad to assist you, if you or your child has special dietary needs, you have suggestions for the menus, or any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. As a busy parent myself, I understand we don’t always keep “business hours.” I am available to speak with you most evenings and on Sundays. Please do not hesitate to call me. I am here to serve you and your child/children.
Wishing you a healthy and happy new year
Thanks Chef, welcome aboard….we are happy you joined the Bk Team. While we are at it, here’s just a sample of some of the delicious food Chef prepared last week: